Friday, May 11, 2012

Salmon Soup

A few weeks ago I dragged in a one-pot cookbook from the library and carefully placed it near M's desk.

A few weeks went by... I casually mentioned its existence, to which I received a non-committal grunt of acquiescence. 'Yes, I realize the book is there...yes, there are probably some great, simply recipes in there that even I won't mess up..... Yes, I will try one of the recipes some day.'

Another few weeks... I randomly pointed out a recipe that was sure to be a winner. And finally, after nearly 2 months...we have a pretty tasty product!

Salmon Soup
[from The Everything One-Pot Cookbook, 2e]

4 cups chicken broth
1 lb fresh or smoked salmon
1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
1 bunch fresh spinach, well washed and chopped

Add broth, salmon, onion, salt, and pepper to a 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes. Add spinach, cover, and cook for another 5 minutes.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment