RED BEANS & RICE
[modified from: http://bit.ly/12zik5Q]
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 pkg (14 oz) smoked sausage (we used turkey kielbasa)
1 can red beans
Zatarains Creole Seasoning
- Prepare rice per your usual method.
- Thinly slice the sausage and drain the juice from the red beans into the sink.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the sausage, give a sprinkling of creole seasoning and stir occasionally for about 7 mins until the sausages start to get sizzly on both sides.
- Add the red beans and stir until warmed through.
- About this time, your rice should be done too. Serve the beans and sausage over the rice. Add extra creole seasoning as desired at the table.
* I especially liked this recipe for its simplicity, but in the future think finely chopped sautéed onion would be a fabulous addition, and maybe some garlic.